December 23, 2011 3 Comments
Filed under Culture + Politics, World News Tagged with 2012, Africa, america, astrology, awareness, biology, business, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Bwindi National Park, consciousness, cool, crazy, culture, doors, enviroment, ethnicity, future, Gorilla, gorillas, humans, interesting, knowledge, life, literature, meditation, money, Mountain Gorilla, nature, news, out, Outdoors, physics, Politics, positive, positivity, power, propaganda, reading, Rwanda, science, space, strange, truth, truthmovement, Uganda, United States, universe, USA, war, weird, wild, wisdom, writing, zazen, zazen life, zazenlife, zazenlifemovement, zen
Geocaching is in almost every town in the United States and is slowly sweeping the entire world one treasure hunt at a time.
What is Geocaching?
Geocaching is a worldwide phenomenon by which individuals hide pieces of treasure in containers and players try to locate those containers. Once players have found the treasure within the containers they are supposed to take it and replace it with something of equal value. There are several clues and hints people leave behind in order to have their treasure found.
Simply explained on the Geocaching website: ”Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location”
Where are Geocaches?
Geocaches are everywhere…literally EVERYWHERE. People can use the website: www.Geocaching.com and find potential leads to hidden treasure in their town or surrounding area. They can be anywhere from public parks, abandoned areas, to even underwater locations. Just put in your zip code and you will see how many geocaches are actually present in your home town alone, the number of geocaches will amaze you!
Who does Geocaching?
Ordinary people all over the world do it. Some people take it as a very serious hobby.
Benefits of Geocaching:
There is several benefits of geocaching. Below I have constructed a list outlining the main ones:
- A hobby that makes you really use tactics and brain power
- You retain treasure if successful in your hunt
- Brings a community of people with similar interests together
- Can be just plain entertaining and good for lifting broken spirits
- Some treasure can even link you back to personal roots, see here for a crazy finding during Geocaching
How to join Geocaching:
Go to main website: www.Geocaching.com, and there is a memebership section. They explain the rules and everything in a lot more depth. If you believe Geocaching is for you then I recommend starting today, you never know what you’ll find!
Filed under Culture + Politics, World News Tagged with 2012, adventure, america, astrology, awareness, biology, business, Cache, community, consciousness, cool, culture, enjoying, ethnicity, Family, fun, future, Geocaches, Geocaching, Global Positioning System, GPS, having, hidden treasure, humans, hunt, interesting, knowledge, life, literature, meditation, money, movement, new, news, Outdoors, outside, Park, people, physics, pirate, Politics, positive, positivity, power, propaganda, reading, Recreation, science, space, treasure, Treasure Hunt, truth, truthmovement, United States, universe, USA, war, Website, what's, wisdom, world, World Geodetic System, writing, zazen, zazen life, zazenlife, zazenlife.com, zazenlifemovement, zen
More Recent Posts:
- Surfing With Your Eyes Closed (VIDEO) (May 10, 2013)
- Taming The Subconscious: Taking Your Life Off Auto-Pilot (May 10, 2013)
- Eliminating Limiting Beliefs (May 10, 2013)
- Earthing 101: The Incredible Benefits of Walking Barefoot Daily (May 10, 2013)
- Meet SKA: The 3,000 Mile Long Super-Telescope (April 27, 2013)
- A Little Riff on Zen (April 27, 2013)
- Astronaut Opens Spiritual Institute After Visit to The Moon (April 27, 2013)
- How to Develop The Ability to See and Read The Aura (April 27, 2013)
- Discovering Happiness in a World of Negative Illusion (April 26, 2013)
- 7 Truths About Life That Will Change The Way You Look at Yourself and The World (March 21, 2013)
- What Happened to The Bill of Rights? (March 13, 2013)
- The Healing Power of Sound & The Transformational Aspects of Music (March 13, 2013)
- NASA Voyager Records The Sounds of Jupiter (VIDEO) (March 10, 2013)
- The Yin-Yang of World Hunger (March 10, 2013)
- Doctors May Have Found The Cure For HIV (March 5, 2013)
- What Type of Cigarette Do You Smoke, Doc? (March 4, 2013)
- 10 Simple Methods To a Much Longer Life (March 4, 2013)
- If You Still Text and Drive You’re an Idiot (InfoGraph) (February 28, 2013)
- Chimpanzees Demonstrate Better Working Memory Skills Than Humans (VIDEO) (February 28, 2013)
- The Merchant in Aladdin Hustled You (February 26, 2013)
- Don’t Let the Mainstream Media Control Your Mind (February 26, 2013)
- 10 Gandhi Quotes That Will Change Your Life (February 24, 2013)
- Researchers Say Music Alters Visual Perception (February 23, 2013)
- Thinking Within Paradoxes (February 17, 2013)
- Fueling The Fire of Inspiration (February 14, 2013)
- The Simulation Theory: Does Our Conscious Awareness Exist Inside a Computer Matrix? (VIDEO) (February 13, 2013)
- Qi Gong Master Demonstrates The Unbelievable Power of Chi Energy (VIDEO) (February 12, 2013)
- The Symbolism Behind The US Dollar Bill (February 10, 2013)
- Harvard Astronomers Say Earth-Like Planets Are Right Next Door (February 6, 2013)
- The Action Maneuver: The 4 Step Method For Getting Things Done (February 2, 2013)