Fear is an Illusion

What are you truly scared of?

Let me guess, what other people think of you?

This is the most common fear that we all share in common. For most of us. including me at one point in my life, we spent more time caring what others thought of us instead of focusing on ourselves instead. Before every decision we made, we would consider what other people would think of us before taking action. I know, I have been there.

Over the last few years of my life, I have been on a desperate search for knowledge and truth. Ever since a young age I used to wonder why our society functioned they way it did. It didn’t make sense to me. I felt almost as if we were being conditioned to think and act a certain way. I thought I was completely crazy so I never really cared to share my thoughts with everyone. I went along with it. Not anymore.

I used to watch Fox News every night at 10 with my parents and then wake up in the morning before high school and watch the news in the morning. Wow I was a fucking idiot. I went to bed with the illusion of fear, and then I woke up and reloaded that same vibe. I know I am not alone when I say this.

I simply can’t watch television anymore unless it is Giants football or Poker. I don’t mind if I am with friends and the TV is on because it is completely out focus to me, I just don’t like to be conditioned to believe in fear anymore.

Watch Fox News tonight, there will probably be a bit about the “War on Terror” and then they will cut to the weather and warn you about hurricane Sandy. The amount of panic and negative energy I felt today in the supermarket was incredible. There was actually people that bumped into me like I wasn’t even there to go grab their 2% milk. I shot them a smile like, WTF? and they kept their neutral expression of fear.

I hope the power goes out for a few days this week. I think we need it. I think we all need to be humbled and realize what a privilege it is to live with electricity. Our whole world functions on it. Without it, there is no money. There is no government breathing down your neck. We all become the same exact thing. Instinctual creatures fighting for survival. Good thing we live in an abundant universe because there is plenty to go around if we could just share a little bit instead of feeling like we are at competition with each other 24/7. But most will resort to looting and violence. That is just the world we live in…for now.

I think mother earth is fighting back. I think she is giving us a wake up call to stop fucking around or I will fuck your shit up even more. You would not be alive if it wasn’t for me. Respect me or feel my wrath. GO SANDY GO!

You still scared?

What is there to be scared of?

What if the power never comes back on?

What if you never have to go back to your 9-5 grind ever again?

What would you do with your life?

How fucking creative would you get?

Our society can’t have critical thinkers like myself, and everyone else who is waking up from the illusion. They need drones. They need to know exactly where you are at all times. They need to know what you are doing every single second of the day. THEY LIVE IN FEAR because they don’t want their power stripped away. You are powerful, don’t give that power away to them!

It took me 23 years to realize I WAS LIVING SOMEONE ELSE’S LIFE. I knew deep down when I woke up everyday and had to go to work that this was NOT 100% WHAT I WANTED TO DO WITH MY TIME. I knew my time was valued elsewhere, and I could use that time to benefit the greater good of humanity.

If you are still reading this, and a lot of this has resonated with you, I understand exactly how you feel.

More to come. 🙂

About TD
Live Consciously, Expand Your Awareness!

7 Responses to Fear is an Illusion

1. rollsthepaul says:

I am like Charlie Brown, I have panophobia, the fear of everything. Why play favourites? Actually I don’t fear much anymore and I rather look forward to dying, you know, we all need a change but universe will take me, not a minute before my time is up.
    I have often come across comments about people living wasted lives and I gave that quite a bit of reflection, after all, we do have reflective mentalities and I came to the conclusion that this is the dumbest notion, I’ve ever encountered in my life. Talk about judging others, without walking a mile in their shoes. These would be the pretentious, self righteous that are best avoided completely. We don’t know the details of the many lives of a soul, that got them to the point they are at, when we come across them. The older a soul is, the less they give a fuck, what others think of them. And finally, a little pearl to treasure

“Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends.”

2. There is a lot of money made from fear, which I’m sure is why so much of the media perpetuates it.

3. LadyLaLa says:

I am going to be very direct.

You wrote:
    What if the power never comes back on?
    What if you never have to go back to your 9-5 grind ever again?
    What would you do with your life?
    How fucking creative would you get?

However you seem to have left out a few major considerations — almost to the point of being completely uninformed of the violence that is blowing through our world now… like

a healthy fear of dying violently by the hand of others
    of ending up in a FEMA concentration camp like many who did in WWII or of even being arrested in this current onslaught of totalitarian laws
    of having all civil liberties stripped away while living in a military state
    of having every decision in your life controlled by others who have power.

Need I go on?
    To me this is a very naive way of looking at things.
    Some healthy fear needs to be present if you are walking in the forest and a bear charges you.

YES… UNGROUNDED fears can be done away with but fear also tells me that something is WRONG and that I should ACT to avoid the consequences. Like if I sense I should take all my money out of my US bank account because I SEE the way things are going. That action comes from a small pang of “fear”. Growing my own food is certainly a positive response to “fear”, etc. etc.

To ignore fear and set out to calm myself in spite of what I see going on around me is not Zen but ignorance. Zen is the TRANSFORMATION of negative emotions and sometime FEAR is healthy. Sometimes, I have fear because there is something to be afraid of.

• ZazenKing says:

Agreed, this is more of a generalization of the typical American drone who absorbs mass media propaganda and never asks any questions. I will touch on a lot of what you described here in future posts, stay tuned! 🙂

• steve says:

If we are to fear every possible scenario that could, may, might happen to us then we are in a nightmare of our own making. Being educated on worldly things with awareness and their implications has nothing to do with fear. Fear is the worst emotion you can ever experience as it shuts down any possible action and awareness, The Dark of the world that runs the joint uses fear as its centre of control, if we are not careful it becomes a self-hypnosis. Fear shuts down our intuition ( which keeps us safe ) . We have a choice of how we react to perceived or real events that occur in this life. Welcome to the human experience and remember none of us are here forever and that death is our illusion.

4. judithatwood says:

No one can hurt you unless you let them. don Miguel Ruiz from his book, The Four Agreements. (Find don Miguel Ruiz at http://www.miguelruiz.com/)