The ZazenLife St. Judes Children’s Cancer Fundraiser
September 15, 2012 Leave a Comment
According to the American Childhood Cancer Organization, Cancer is the #1 cause of disease-related death for children - more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
Childhood Cancer Statistics:
- One in every 330 Americans will develop cancer by the age of 20. On the average, 12,500 children and adolescents in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer each year.
- On the average, 1 in every 4 elementary school has a child with cancer.
- The average high school has two students who are a current or former cancer patient.
- In the U.S., about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every weekday
- While the cancer death rate has dropped more dramatically for children than for any other age group, 2,300 children and teenagers will die each year from cancer.
The ZazenLife Childhood Cancer Fundraiser
So this is what’s going on. We are not going to try and make you feel guilty with sad pictures or videos. What we want to do is get this money to researchers ASAP. This is not one of those scams that you see on TV with the sad songs. We are truly genuine people that appreciate life and want to help children in need.
So here are the rules:
- All of these awesome and incredibly strong children that are fighting for their lives at St. Jude hospital can use any help they can get.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the most trusted nonprofit brand name in America, according to a new survey by Harris Interactive.
- Once we hit our 750,000 view mark, we are going to open up the fundraiser (the donate link on our homepage).
- The fundraiser will remain open until we reach 1,000,000 views (on average we see around 100,000 views a month so the fundraiser will last at least 3 months).
- At the end, 95% of the donations will go to the St.Jude Children Research Hospital, and 5% will go to a random donator once we hit 1,000,000 views. (That donator can do whatever they want with the 5%; keep it, or donate it anyway).
- We will post the check up on the website to show how much everyone helped donate.
- We will also upload pictures of us going and giving the donations to the fund along with spending some time with a few of the children.