Rick Santorum: Fraud, Bigot, Awful Human Being.

Rick Santorum

I would like to start by saying that the views expressed here are my own, and not necessarily that of the rest of the ZazenLife.com team.

It was my hope that it would not be necessary to write this article, but since the mainstream media is willing to focus their attention on anyone who isn’t Ron Paul, and several otherwise intelligent people I know have spoken highly of Mr. (I refuse to call him Senator) Santorum, the article became necessary.

Mr. Santorum has described himself as “the most conservative candidate in the race” as well as “espousing the platform of the Tea Party before there was a Tea Party.” Indeed?! Let’s proceed to blow that theory out of the water with a seemingly unending supply of ammunition, as outlined below.

I mean, this guy calling himself a conservative takes balls the size of cantaloupes. Rick Santorum is to conservative as Lil’ Wayne is to good music, or the Twilight series is to quality literature, or Ben Affleck is to acting, or as the Mets are to a skilled baseball team. But, I digress.

Fraud

1. Voted to raise the debt ceiling 5 times. (He did vote against it once.)
  2. Voted to create a brand new, unfunded entitlement, Medicare Part D, the largest expansion of entitlement spending since President Lyndon Johnson – creating $16 TRILLION in unfunded liabilities.
  3. Voted to create the Department of Homeland Security–another inefficient government bureaucracy, destined to be remembered as the beginning of the end of Americans’ civil liberties.
  4. Voted to create, and extend, the Patriot Act, surely the most ironically named piece of legislation ever passed. This ramped up the stripping of rights from American citizens and ultimately ended up setting the stage for Fuhrer Obama to sign the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011, which voids the Bill of Rights and allows for the indefinite detainment without charges or trial of American citizens.
  5. Voted for $25 million in foreign aid to North Korea
  6. Despite considering himself both a conservative and pro life, campaigned heavily for RINO Arlen Specter in 2004, who was admittedly neither of those, against a true conservative (and later Tea Party favorite) Pat Toomey. Toomey was defeated, and Specter soon changed his party affiliation to Democrat. Specter became the filibuster-proof vote on Obamacare, ramming that unconstitutional bill through Congress over the objections of a clear majority of the American people.
  7. Voted to allow illegal aliens to receive Social Security benefits, while at the same time voting against hiring 1,000 additional Border Patrol agents.
  8. Is the ultimate Washington insider: Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington named him among the 3 most corrupt Senators in 2005 and 2006 for using his office to financially benefit those who had contributed to his campaign.
  9. Within weeks of leaving Congress, became a “stealth lobbyist” representing interests such as hydrofracking and a medical conglomerate that stands accused of defrauding the federal government.
  10. Frequently stated that he does not believe a “right to privacy” exists under the Constitution, even within marriage; he has been especially critical of the Supreme Court decision in Griswold v. Connecticut (1965), which held that the Constitution guaranteed the aforementioned right, and on that basis, overturned a law prohibiting the sale and use of contraceptives. He has described contraception as “a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.” In other words, he believes it in government’s place to tell you what you can and cannot do in your bedroom.
  11. Is a free-spending warmonger, who voted for the Iraq War and supports the pre-emptive bombing of Iran.
  12. Campaigned heartily for anti-gun zealots Christie Todd Whitman and Arlen Specter.

BIGOT

Santorum is arguably the most rabidly anti-gay politician I have ever seen. Among his many idiotic statements:

““In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be.” Yeah, you read that right. He just put gay relationships on the same level as bestiality.

Isn’t that the ultimate homeland security, standing up for marriage, defending the right of children to have moms and dads, to be raised in a loving environment? That is what this debate is all about.” Here he is comparing the war on gay marriage to the war on terror.

This is an issue just like 9-11, we didn’t decide we wanted to fight the war on terrorism because we wanted to. It was brought to us. And if not now, when? When the supreme courts in all the other states have succumbed to the Massachusetts version of the law?” Holy Crap! Yes, you read that correctly! Gay marriage is exactly like 9/11!

[Gay marriage] threatens my marriage. It threatens all marriages. It threatens the traditional values of this country.” You hear that everybody? When there are problems in your marriage, just blame the gays!

My personal favorite is accompanied by this awesome video, where Santorum gets PWNED by Fox News on the issue of gays in the military:

I love that he uses the EXACT same comments that racist generals in 1941 used against including blacks in the military. Dude, you never served in the military, and are ALL too willing to send other peoples’ kids, gay and straight, to go die in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran, so STFU!

Along with all of the above, another huge problem I have with this complete and utter empty suit is his position on medical marijuana and the drug war in particular. On January 5th, 2012, he was asked a question by a member of SSDP (Students for Sensible Drug Policy) . Whoever this kid is, he is my hero.

I can’t watch it without getting so mad my ears turn red. The gall of this small-minded, corrupt con-man to look this kid in the eye like he is batshit insane and blatantly LIE to his face that the “federal government doesn’t do that?” Oh, really? Tell that to some of the people in this article. Also, if the federal government doesn’t do that, then why were you able to vote FOR increased penalties for crack and meth offenses in 1999?

I mean, c’mon. Who can still possibly be in favor of the war on drugs? How can anyone not look around and tell me we wouldn’t immediately be better off  to stop pouring this money down the drain and into something that might benefit this country? As of this writing, that drug war spending clock was closing in on 900 million dollars, and we are only a week into January!

Scarcely anyone nowadays can say that medical marijuana supporters are few and far between. As recently as November 2011, this poll shows roughly 75 percent of Americans support legalizing medical marijuana. Not my man Rick, though: At the Ames, Iowa straw poll, he was quoted as saying “medical marijuana would not be consistent with American values.” That’s funny, since by Mr. Santorum’s own admission, he indulged in pot in college, but asserts past pot-smoking doesn’t mean he’s now being hypocritical on the subject because “it’s not hypocrisy, as long as you don’t say, ‘I thought it was right, and think it was wrong.” Actually, that’s EXACTLY what hypocrisy is.

Say No To Santorum

In synopsis, Rick Santorum represents everything that is wrong with American politics: he is way too free with other people’s money, he believes that government has the right to run every facet of your life, and has no problem getting us in wars halfway across the world in which we have no business. He is a political insider, trading pay for play, caring not a whit for the good of the American Taxpayer. He is an anti-gay bigot, and a hypocrite of the highest order. Americans deserve better.

About phdinweed
Father of 2 sons on the autism spectrum, wage slave, socially functional nerd of all sorts. Just entered my 40's, but still love video games (RPGs especially), cartoons, fart jokes, and getting nice.

14 Responses to Rick Santorum: Fraud, Bigot, Awful Human Being.

1. Pingback: Rick Santorum on the issues - Page 14 - INGunOwners

• After voting for over 40 something years, I am stunned by lack of leadership. Everything you mentioned is on target, Patriot Act should have never been passed.
      There is so many scams, fraud, waste of monies, that it is unbelievable. Yet, local politians and others keep giving away money. I will upset many people, probably, but NONPROFITS are now part of the problems.

They say Indianapolis is a pretty City now. Over 20 years ago, they combined fire, police departments around their area.
      I am from Ohio, and it has been discovered that the City gave over $400,000 to a 4-H group. It is like giving that money to the Boy Scouts. 4-H is a program that should be in all schools, etc. Not receive money from politicians.

Where are leaders, who will work together?

If Occupiers get act together, peacefully, could be the answer?

Charlie

2. Ben Naga says:

Let’s face it. The Republicans just haven’t got a single candidate worth a light. Q.E.D.

• phdinweed says:

I don’t know why Gary Johnson didn’t get more traction. He took his state from a deficit to surplus, cut the public payroll, and is a more sane version of Ron Paul.

3. fordneri says:

The issues the GOP campaigns on are issues that don’t count for much to most of us. Congress can change the rules for eliminating dead beat government workers and disallowing multiple pensions for federal employees any time they want, but they don’t. That would indicate to me they are not evan a little bit serious about shrinking government. If the republican candidates for president could not achieve in their previous jobs what they are promising in their campaigns for president, why should we think it will be any different when they are president? I don’t go to a fundamentalist Christian church so why would I follow fundamentalist Christian religious traditions or principles? And they are all campaigning for a fundamentalist Christian platform. As for Ron Paul. America is too complex and diverse for his simplistic remedies to work effectively. We are wasting too much time and effort worrying about republicans who cannot win in the general election and not enough time and effort trying to shape policy in the administration that holds the power today.

• phdinweed says:

My issue with Ron Paul is a simple one: liberty. He is the only candidate that speaks out against our continuing loss of civil liberties. As I stated in an earlier comment, I would have preferred Gary Johnson, but I will take the 30 year track record of Ron Paul over the big-government, warmongering wing of the GOP any day. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

4. OK … I don’t buy this for a second, but … for the sake of argument, are you supporting Ron Paul? What exactly do you KNOW about his nearly 30 yrs in Congress??? Santorum accomplished a great deal in the short 8 yrs he served in the Senate, including Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity ActTemporary Assistance for Needy Families.

He is for reducing, but not eliminating the Federal Government, reigning in spending, but not hacking it to death. Is Ron Paul an advocate for Civil Liberties? ABSOLUTELY! Is he good with his plan for the FED and other fiscal issues??? But our Founding Fathers warned that liberty, unchecked by personal virtue, is anarchy! Where does Ron Paul stand on “Family Values?” The funny thing is, it is almost always Ron Paul’s fans who are bad-mouthing the other candidates these days. There is little polite discourse. You are more than welcome to your views and your vote. The negative slurs are going to come fast & furious from the Left as these Primaries go forth. Can’t we discuss the candidates’ differences without name-calling, and spreading the hate? just sayin …

• phdinweed says:

You won’t see a vitriolic attack on Romney like my articles on Newt Gingrich or Santorum. Although Romney is certainly a big government statist and corporate stooge, at least he is not a repugnant hypocrite like these two clowns. I am indeed supporting Ron Paul, albeit with reservations. I know that Ron Paul, in his 30 years, has never voted for a tax increase, has never voted for an unbalanced budget, and is often the only member of the house to speak up against atrocities like the Patriot Act. I know that he predicted the housing bubble, the decline of the dollar, and the expansion of the security theater that is the war on terror. Good enough for me. I would have preferred Gary Johnson, but what are you gonna do? Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment.

5. Ben Naga says:

“Fraud, Bigot, Awful Human Being”. Why should that be a problem. Never stopped people voting in Nixon, Reagan or the Bush family, and they all turned out to be just dandy. 😛

6. Great article,
    I love the Fox News excerpt, he gets so tongue tied its pathetic but as any politician he is able to string a bunch of words together to make it look like he is actually correct…pathetic.

This man needs to be beaten senseless until he is no longer breathing.

Just the stupid look on his face makes me want to find him and personally take care of that deed myself.

7. judithatwood says:

Thanks for shining a bright light on this ignorant bigot’s self-contradictions and inane comments. I am absolutely flabbergasted that this fool would nearly tie with Mitt Romney in Iowa. What a ridiculously scary thought, that he could possibly be elected President of this country. The entire population would have to take to wearing black to signify mourning the demise of our great, smart, well-intentioned country.

8. Thanks for the post on Santorum. I was in the military years ago, and no one was bothered by gays. Everyone had worked to do. If they went off base, that was a different story. You have awakened me…I agree with you on marijuana. Pres Bush and Santorum gave many of our rights away on homeland security. Some straights hate gay people, but when they are alone with them, that is a different story too. Why do people have to be bigoted against other Americans?

I am a senior, senior citizen….and do not like Romney either. Paul is just a little bit too extreme for me, but he has good ideas.

I think that the Occupy people are on right track….they mayl be the ones to turn this country around..The young (and older) will question lobbying, which should have been eliminated years and years ago. Insistence will be on restructuring banks, Wall Street etc. I have a good feeling. Unfortunately, we do not have any good leaders at this time…………..sad, but true.

thank you for writing this Post. I had hesitation about Rick S. but forgot some of the things you mentioned. When someone is so perfect, like Romney and Santorum….I have to wonder…….
    The Patriot act sickened me, and I often wonder why so many Americans have been quiet on that.
    Yes, fracking….politicians will make money out of this………………………….Ohio included!.
    Charles
    Hello World
    Tenn Man

• phdinweed says:

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and comment! Allow me to also thank you for your service to our country. I agree that Ron Paul has some out-there ideas, but he is at least a solid champion of civil liberties and economic issues.