The Size Of Our Universe

This picture was taken in 2009 but still never ceases to amaze. It is a shot from the world’s most powerful telescope, the Hubble Space Telescope.

Every tiny little smudge or spec you see on this picture is a completely different galaxy; comparable to for example the Milky Way.

Take a hard look at this picture then think about all of the problems we have here on Earth.

Get a feeling of how insignificant we are?

I know I do.

Keeping this endless idea we call “Space” in mind, all we can do is sit back, enjoy the ride, and spread positive vibes 🙂

Omega Centauri

About nyrdubs
Living life, Loving life

13 Responses to The Size Of Our Universe

1. Mary the hairy says:

love it!

2. Tom Harley says:

Reblogged this on pindanpost.

3. suzannesan says:

BTW, when I was really little and didn’t know better; I believed the world was contained in a shoe box with holes punched in it. I believed someone would come along and take the lid off during the day and place it back on every night, thus the holes in the box.
    What can I say; I grew up during a time when TV was just coming of age and we had 3 channels that went off at 9 o’clock until the next morning when they came back on again!

4. Michael! Did you just make a rhyme in the….last line?? (pun intended) 🙂

5. Neoslotty says:

Far out!! Doesn’t seem even remotely possible that we could be alone in the Universe. Life may abound throughout. But intelligent life, that may be a different story. Of the roughly 4 billion years life may have existed on Earth only about the last 5,000 to 10,000 years could life be considered in any way intelligent and only in the last 100 years was one species capable of sending messages into space. If it wasn’t for two events, the mass extinction of the dinosaurs and India crashing into southern Asia, even that may have been indefinitely postponed.

6. The Hubble image of the universe is beautiful and astounding. And now the physicists who advance the ‘multiverse’ theory estimate that there could be as many as 10 to the 500th power such universes, each different! I’ll take this one for the time being! I imagine you will too.

Thanks.

7. suzannesan says:

To think that we are the only living beings is beyond my scope of reality. I honestly believe there is somebody, something out there, out there somewhere; we or they just haven’t found each other yet………….but then again, perhaps we have.
    I worked for the government long enough to know that they only let the public know as much as they want you know!

Suzannesan

8. Deb Prewitt says:

simply amazing

9. Pictures of space are very amazing. Ever visit the Creation Museum near Cincinnati? They have a planetarium that is the best part of the whole visit.