Yet Another NDAA Post

A police state is a safe state.

Allow me to be the buzzkill on the ZazenLife.com team.

I still cannot come to grips with the fact that ALL Americans are not up in arms over the passage of NDAA 2012, or as it will come to be known in the future, the American Enabling Act.

We just passed the point of no return. Our corrupt, bought and paid for government now has the broad power to arrest and detain anyone it even THINKS may be involved in ambiguously named “belligerent acts”, without the right to trial or counsel.

Does everyone reading this article comprehend this?

The Bill of Rights NO LONGER EXISTS.

America is now on the same playing field as Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, and numerous other brutal dictatorships throughout history.

“But wait,” you say, “this isn’t a dictatorship. We have elections.”

One need look no further than the election of 2008 to see how little our elections mean. We went right from one incompetent boob in GWB to another corporate/military-industrial complex stooge in Obama.

Look at their policies, there is literally no difference between them. They both expanded the size and reach of the federal government to insane proportions, all the while systematically eroding the rights of American citizens.

The populace has been conditioned to expect and accept random searches, state-sponsored assassination of American citizens, and endless regulations about what people can put into their own bodies. If the GOP nominee in 2012 is not Ron Paul, and sadly, it looks like the state-sponsored media has all but assured that he will not, then we are doomed to continue the same cycle of war, debt, and increasing dependence on the federal government by an increasing number of people.

Our electoral choices are so poor, South Park (the single best place for social satire in America) made an aptly entitled episode about it called “Douche and Turd.”

You can watch the full episode, legally, here.

Another issue happening concurrently, which again, perilously few people are concerned about, is the increasing militarization of our police forces. Why are police forces all over the country being provided, with federal dollars, military grade weaponry?

I’ll give you a hint: it won’t be used against a foreign enemy.

The transformation from democratic republic to all-out police state is all but complete. Will the American people, who have been collectively dumbed down by brainwashing in public schools, sedated with scads of anti-depressants and reality TV, and fattened with processed “food” be able to wake up and shake the chains off of their oppressors?

I am somewhat heartened by the youth of the country, ┬áincluding the main contributors to this site, appear to be able to see through the “Matrix” and realize whats going on around them.

I realize some of you may be rolling your eyes and thinking “Why doesn’t he write about something else?”

I will continue to rail against the loss of freedoms until my dying breath.

I take the saying “Give me liberty or give me death” very seriously.

It is my hope that if you are reading this, then you do, too.

Yours in Liberty,

@phdinweed

Want to see some of my other articles? Click here.

About phdinweed
Father of 2 sons on the autism spectrum, wage slave, socially functional nerd of all sorts. Just entered my 40's, but still love video games (RPGs especially), cartoons, fart jokes, and getting nice.

13 Responses to Yet Another NDAA Post

1. Pingback: Rick Santorum: Fraud, Bigot, Awful Human Being. « Zazen Life

2. RonPaulKicksAss says:

I am still voting for Ron Paul! Now my sign bomb will have a NDAA theme!

3. judithatwood says:

Concerning aarmagh’s comment — He does exactly the thing that will stop liberal citizens from changing our government. Every one of us has a different cause. Each of those causes are valid, important, and in need of support. But unless we put aside those differences, and instead concentrate on what we all believe, we will continue to appear the tree-huggers they call us. Pay attention, America. Just like the OWS, the only way to accomplish freeing ourselves from this slavery is to get a leader, get behind one big idea, and push that through the system. Organization!

4. aarmagh says:

So…DR.Weed,what do you propose? Raging against the machine is all good and well, but it’s just verbal masturbation. Unfortunately, change in our democracy probably won’t come through the ballot box.Corporations are people too and they are happier than they have been in a LONG time. Child labor anyone?

• phdinweed says:

The majority of people have to wake up, and as the first video states, we have to starve the beast. Run the banks dry and see how quickly the house of cards will crumble.

5. The Dumplin says:

Thank you for this post.

I have been hearing that 80+ percent of American people do not believe we were told the truth about 9/11 and that 80+ percent believe that medical marijuana should be legalized.

What I am wondering is —– does that same 80+ percent understand that our country has been stolen from us?

Recently, I had a young, college educated gal, who was holding her baby, tell me that she did not want to worry about this law, that ‘they’ are going to do it anyway and she does not have time to think about it, that her life is too busy. Yet, I see her continually on one blog after another. I wonder how she might feel if they come to her house and take her away.

Personally, I believe that we all have a responsibility to stand up and speak out. We MUST honor those that risked all so that we might enjoy the freedoms that our country once promised.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

6. I direct your attention to the 1935 novel (subsequently stage play) by Sinclair Lewis, “It Can’t Happen Here.” A populist president is elected on a platform of restoring democracy and giving each and every citizen $5000 per year. Once in office, he becomes a tyrant, raising a large para-military force (Minute Men). Sounds frighteningly familiar, doesn’t it?

7. Deb Prewitt says:

I agree with you. Our rights have been seriously eroded and are continuing to be so. The role of our govt has gone way past what was originally intended and it irritates me how that is defended! I’m afraid Ron Paul will not get the nomination, but he has ruffled a lot of feathers. Eventually enough people will vote against the status quo to cause change. But I don’t see it happening yet.

• phdinweed says:

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment! I hope you will continue to drop by; we have a great cast of contributors and are constantly updating content. Happy New Year!